Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Who do you listen too?

 

Ezekiel 13: 8-16,

 

November 18, 2023

 

Therefore, thus says the Lord God: “Because you have uttered falsehood and seen lying visions, therefore behold, I am against you, declares the Lord God.  My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and who give lying divinations. They shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord God.  Precisely because they have misled my people, saying, ‘Peace,’ when there is no peace, and because, when the people build a wall, these prophets smear it with whitewash, say to those who smear it with whitewash that it shall fall! There will be a deluge of rain, and you, O great hailstones, will fall, and a stormy wind break out.  And when the wall falls, will it not be said to you, ‘Where is the coating with which you smeared it?’ Therefore, thus says the Lord God: I will make a stormy wind break out in my wrath, and there shall be a deluge of rain in my anger, and great hailstones in wrath to make a full end.  And I will break down the wall that you have smeared with whitewash, and bring it down to the ground so that its foundation will be laid bare. When it falls, you shall perish in the midst of it, and you shall know that I am the Lord.  Thus, will I spend my wrath upon the wall and upon those who have smeared it with whitewash, and I will say to you, The wall is no more, nor those who smeared it, the prophets of Israel who prophesied concerning Jerusalem and saw visions of peace for her, when there was no peace, declares the Lord God.

 

Pease where there is no Pease. It reminds me of those who are telling us to buy gold, for in gold we will find security.  Jesus tells us in John 16:33, I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”  How many false prophets are telling you that if you do this are that and it usably enhances wealth, it will bring you a life of contentment?  Folks, Jesus is the Truth, and you can trust His words.  Jesus tells us in John 10:9-14 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.  He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.  He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.  I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,”

 

How long have you been at the wrong door, because you have been listening to the wrong voices, telling you their whitewash was what was needed to find peace in your soul?



From the Back Porch,

Bob Rice

 

 

 

 

No comments: