Thursday, September 26, 2024

Israel has become as Dross

 

Ezekiel 22:17-31

 

December 14, 2023

 

And the word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, the house of Israel has become dross to me; all of them are bronze and tin and iron and lead in the furnace; they are dross of silver.  Therefore, thus says the Lord God: Because you have all become dross, therefore, behold, I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem.  As one gathers silver and bronze and iron and lead and tin into a furnace, to blow the fire on it in order to melt it, so I will gather you in my anger and in my wrath, and I will put you in and melt you.  I will gather you and blow on you with the fire of my wrath, and you shall be melted in the midst of it.  As silver is melted in a furnace, so you shall be melted in the midst of it, and you shall know that I am the Lord; I have poured out my wrath upon you.”

What is God saying when He compares Israel to dross?   “DROSS is the scum or unwanted material that forms on the surface of molten metal.”  And fire is used to remove it from the metal.

And the word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, say to her, You are a land that is not cleansed or rained upon in the day of indignation.  The conspiracy of her prophets in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured human lives; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in her midst.  Her priests have done violence to my law and have profaned my holy things. They have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they taught the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have disregarded my Sabbaths so that I am profaned among them.  Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, shedding blood, destroying lives to get dishonest gain.  And her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ when the Lord has not spoken.  The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner without justice And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none. Therefore, I have poured out my indignation upon them. I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath. I have returned their way upon their heads, declares the Lord God.”

 

Her is Israel, and her prophets are liars and looking for personal gain they have no regard for the people and are responsible for making many widows.  Is that not a close parallel to what is happening in our day?

 

God is not happy with the priests, because they were not teaching God precepts and commandments.  Is that also a problem with the priest and preacher today, who do not teach the Scriptures, but are doing what 2 Timothy 4:3-4, said they would do?  “For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.”  We the Church have seen many who have gone after teachers that suit their own passions, and truth is what they say it is with no regard for what Scripture states.

 

Her princes sound a lot like many in the Congress and Senate of the United States of America, they seek only power and wealth, with no regard for the people.  Many have entered office with little in the area of wealth, but not many leave office that way.  And we the people have allowed this to happen.

 

The prophets had said God had spoken when they knew that God had not and they will receive a special place in Hell if they do not repent, and confess.

 

The people have no regard for the law of man or God and have done all kinds of evil.  And the Church as a whole is silent.

And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none.   Have we forgotten that God often uses a total pagan to bring about His will? I do not know anyone's heart, but we sure need to be praying for our next President and remember that we have an election but God puts whom He desires in office, to bless or to curse.  And often He allows the people to get the one they want.

 

From the Back Porch,

Bob Rice

No comments: