Thursday, January 25, 2024

Sing to the Lord a New Song

  

 

 

Psalm 149:1-9

 

December 21, 2022

 

Sing to the Lord a New Song

Praise the Lord!  Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the godly!  Let Israel be glad in his Maker; let the children of Zion rejoice in their King!  Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!

 

Sing to the Lord a New Song, does that apply to the Church, you and me who are the Church?  “It is early in the morning and I cannot sleep, many thoughts have filled my mind and this one I keep, My Lord take pleasure in me, My Lord take pleasure in me.  How glories can that be a sinner saved by grace, a sinner saved by grace, His glory I’ve received.

 

I‘ve often asked the question, why should He love me so, why should He love me so, and the answer is dear Father, you are love, and holy, and good, for only you who knows me, yes you know my thoughts my anxious thoughts, and bring peace and joy to me, and You bring peace and joy to my soul.”

 

For the Lord takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.  Let the godly exult in glory; let them sing for joy on their beds.  Let the high praises of God be in their throats and two-edged swords in their hands, to execute vengeance on the nations
and punishments on the peoples, to bind their kings with chains
and their nobles with fetters of iron, to execute on them the judgment written!  This is honor for all his godly ones. Praise the Lord!

 

What is the Scriptures referring to when the Psalmist refers to “two-edged swords in their hands?”  Hebrews 4:12 gives us a clear understanding; “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”  Dear Father, Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  I found life in Christ through Your Word, it came about in Your time and way as I opened the door to a hotel room, and had planned on going to bed.  That night I read these words in Romans 10:9-10 “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart, one believes and is justified, and with the mouth, one confesses and is saved.”  That night by faith and God's grace I entered into a relationship with Jesus Your only Son, and He has become my Lord and my friend.

 

From the Back Porch,

 

Bob Rice

No comments: