Saturday, July 27, 2024

A confused girl

 

Lord, raise me up, for I am Down

Feeling sorry for myself

I am lost – please make me found

I am praying for your help.

 

I’ve traveled the valley of shadow and death

And I stopped there once for a while

For in myself what was left

But an artificial smile.

 

I was nothing true to anyone

I was nothing real – you see

And being this just wasn’t fun

Least of all to me.

 

I didn’t want to follow

I thought that I was strong

But I found my soul hollow

My ideas are so very wrong.

 

Only you can raise me up

If Lord, it be your will

For I have fallen into a rut

And I am in it still.

 

Sometimes I rise from this depression

But now and then I sink

My future is regression

When I begin to think.

 

Lord, you are my Sheppard

And all I want is a soul completely free

From times in the past that continue to haunt

A confused girl – this is me.

 

Linda S. Connaway

November 27, 1969

 

No comments: