Monday, September 2, 2019

Paryer is our only Weapon






Psalm 35:1-10

“Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take up shield and armor; arise and come to my aid.  Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me.  Say to me, “I am your salvation.”  May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to shame; may those who plot my ruin be turned back in dismay.  May they be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the Lord driving them away; may their path be dark and slippery, with the angel of the Lord pursuing them.  Since they hid their net for me without cause and without cause dug a pit for me, may ruin overtake them by surprise—may the net they hid entangle them, may they fall into the pit, to their ruin.  Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in his salvation.  My whole being will exclaim, “Who is like you, Lord?  You rescue the poor from those too strong for them, the poor and needy from those who rob them.”

Each of us who go by the name Christian or I prefer “a follower of Christ” must always remember, our place is not in God’s role, for His ways and thoughts are higher than ours.  But I’m told that many Christian leaders feel it is inappropriate to ask God to curse your enemies, and yet the Bible testifies David wrote by inspiration of the Holy Spirit.  If you visit 2 Samuel 23:1-2, or Acts 1:16, “Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke beforehand by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus.”

“Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me.” In that God does not change as humans often do, and especially political parties.  I believe that my identity has to be in Jesus Christ, and as a wise man often said, do not trust any man, which includes political parties.  So as a follower of Christ, I’m asking the Holy Spirit to take this prayer of David and contend with those who fight me about my rights as given under the Constitution of the United States, and I believe God who set me free from the control of fear and hate.  The following activities are designed to take away your freedom; they are not from outside the U.S.A. but from within Congress. 

These fall under that prayer; the “Do no harm act” “Prominent Senate Democrats introduced a bill Tuesday that would amend the 25-year-old Religious Freedom Restoration Act to prevent the law from being used to justify discrimination against people, including gay, lesbian and transgender citizens.” (By Julie Zauzmer)  We assured that this act would not pass, but it exposes those who desire to take away your right to act on your religious conviction. H.T. Res 7 to amend the U.S. Constitution and abolish the Electoral College. If you did not live in one of the states with a large population, you would have no voice in your next President, or Vice President will be.  And let me also put in H. Res 109, the Government to create a Green New Deal.  It is so bad, and extremists are behind it, but if even put into action, we no longer live in a land of freedom.
So I, like David am asking God to fight for my children and Grandsons and yours, and this has become my prayer.

From the Back Porch,
Bob Rice



No comments: