Monday, February 5, 2024

The Work of a Master hand

  

Song of Solomon 7

Chapter 7

December 30, 2022

 

How beautiful are your feet in sandals, O noble daughter!  Your rounded thighs are like jewels, the work of a master hand.  Your navel is a rounded bowl that never lacks mixed wine.  Your belly is a heap of wheat, encircled with lilies.  Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle.  Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are pools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bath-rabbim.  Your nose is like a tower of Lebanon, which looks toward Damascus.  Your head crowns you like Carmel and your flowing locks are like purple; a king is held captive in the tresses.  How beautiful and pleasant you are, O loved one, with all your delights!  Your stature is like a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters.  I say I will climb the palm tree and lay hold of its fruit.  Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, and the scent of your breath like apples, and your mouth like the best wine.

She

It goes down smoothly for my beloved, gliding over lips and teeth.   I am my beloved's, and his desire is for me.

The Bride Gives Her Love

Come, my beloved, let us go out into the fields and lodge in the villages;  let us go out early to the vineyards and see whether the vines have budded,
whether the grape blossoms have opened and the pomegranates are in bloom. There I will give you my love.  The mandrakes give forth fragrance,
and beside our doors are all choice fruits, new as well as old, which I have laid up for you, O my beloved.

 

I am taking a little liberty with the passage highlighted in yellow, do not try these on your wife, it will not go well. Now let us get serious, it is poetic, romantic, and expressive.  We must remember it not from man, but God, who use Solomon to convey His love for you.  Yes, it was from a different culture and social behavior than ours, but that does not change the message to you and me.  God loves us and wants to have a loving relationship with us through His only Son Jesus Christ.  It is a grace act for undeserving people, all people the Jew first and then all others.  And the reason it is a grace action on God's part is He loves you, who is sinful and loves of self and stuff, but not lovers of God.  

 

Many who go by the title of Christian, go to a building they refer to as Church and have not entered into a love relationship with Jesus Christ.  Why because they have been conned by the deceiver, the same one that did the number on Eve in the Garden.

 

The Shulammite woman knew without a doubt that Solomon love her;  “I am my beloved's, and his desire is for me.”  Now chew on that and ask yourself this question; do I know that Jesus loves me like that?  I must confess I enter into a personal relationship with Jesus and He was using Jan and me to minister to teenage at first and then as leaders in the Lay Witness movement, but I did not know He loved me like that.  I had to have a spiritual wreck, I almost lost my wife and daughter, and out of that, I became broken, believing God could not love a man who brought shame on His name.  But God, I love that term, for it was a but God moment when He began to test me, and I chose Him and rejected the problem, and Jan and I chose to put Him first in all areas of life.  We had been so active in our local church, that we did not sit under a teacher, and were not prepared for the roles we were asked to do.  Be careful, spend time in God’s word, and ask Him to give us mentors who would guide us in the truth, Jesus is the Truth.

 

God used Carrol Ray Jr. and his wife Joyce to be part of this and a Cassette tape, by a couple of Bill and Annabel who gave us a foundation for our marriage.  Then He sent Ken Ryan to train me in how to apply God’s Word in my life, and Greg Hood, to show me what living by faith looked like.  Those men all but Greg are with the Father, and God has blessed me to have poured my life into many young men, and Jan with young women, what a blessing.  I am blessed to see God, using my daughter, son-in-law, and my two grandsons to be world changers for God.

 

Yes, I know that; I am my beloved's, and his desire is for me.  If you do so it will avoid the wreak.   Ask Jesus today to show you, how much He cares for you.  Jesus is waiting!

 


 

From the Back Porch,

 

Bob Rice

No comments: