Saturday, May 18, 2024

My True Identity In Christ

 

My True Identity In Christ

 

Romans 3:24   “And are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.”  

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

The willingness of God to send His Son to redeem me by taking my punishment by dying on the cross, His blood has cleansed me in God's sight

as if I had never sinned.

 

Romans 6:7, “For one who has died has been set free from sin.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

Because the blood of Jesus is covering my sins, I now have to choose to let sin have any power in my life.  I am free to choose!

 

Romans 8:1, “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”

What does that verse mean to me?

 

No matter how bad I mess up God will not reject me because Jesus paid for my mess-up’s on the cross.  He has also put a desire in me not to disgrace His name.

 

Romans 15:7, “Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.”

What does that verse mean to me?

 

Being accepted and acceptable by Christ, I also should have that same attitude.

 

 

1 Cor. 1:30, “He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and sanctification and redemption.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

 My source of life is in Christ Jesus and He alone is my wisdom, my righteousness, my sanctification, and my redemption. He is life!

 

 1 Cor. 2:16, “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?  But we have the mind of Christ.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

God has placed the mind of Christ in everyone who has entered into a personal relationship with Jesus.  Similar to our brain we have it but often do not use but a small part of its capacity.

 

1 Cor. 6:11, “And such were some of you.  But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our Lord.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

 It matters not what I was before entering into Christ, because His Spirit has washed, sanctified, and justified me by our Lord's blood.

 

1 Cor. 6:17, “But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

My spirit shares a kinship with the Holy Spirit.

 

1 Cor. 15:22, “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

My spirit was dead because of Adam, but now that I’ve entered into Christ, I have a live spirit, and it communicates with the Holy Spirit.

 

2 Cor. 2:14, “But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

When Christ is leading me it is always in triumph but often it may not appear so to others or me.  Anytime He leads we are light to those around us.

 

 2 Cor. 3:3, “And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on the tablets of human hearts.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

His word is written on our hearts.  All wisdom is centered in the written word.

 

 

2 Cor. 3:14, “But their minds were hardened.  For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

Jesus Christ has removed my inability to understand and have fellowship with the Father; you might say I’ve had a mind transplant.

 

2 Cor. 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

Because of Christ, I am not under punishment, I am now eternal and blameless in the sight of God, and adopted into His family.

 

2 Cor. 5:21      “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

Jesus took my punishment, and by the faith and grace Jesus extended to me I have become righteous.  No matter what – I cannot get more righteous.

 

Gal. 2:4, “Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in – who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we might bring us into slavery.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

My freedom is found in obeying Christ, it is not a feeling; it is knowledge, of the Truth.

 

Gal. 3:28, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

The ground at the cross is the same for all.  No one is inferior.

 

Gal. 4:7, “So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

                        WOW! I’m family

 

Eph. 1:3, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

My bank of blessings is full of every spiritual blessing.

 

Eph. 1:4          “Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

Chosen, holy, blameless before God, because of the blood of Jesus that covers my sin.

 

Eph. 1:7, “In him, we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

Made in right standing with God – totally forgiven

 

Eph. 1:10-11, “As a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.  In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

My inheritance is in heaven.

 

Eph. 1:13, “In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

My past is history, and my future is sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. He is my God, Father, Redeemer, and Friend, my provider & the Protector of my eternal life in Christ.

 

Eph. 2:6, “And raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

Right now, I am seated with Christ in heaven.  Because I am in Christ, it is not some position truth – I am seated in heaven (now) Not my earth suit but the real me.

 

Eph. 2:10, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”

 

What does that verse mean to me?

 

God's plan from before time was to create me for good works.  Works that He would do through me.

No comments: